Thursday

Same Illustration



So I was on Youtube and watching music videos, and saw this music video of a different and unrelated band. It was posted to Youtube 10 days ago, on the 17th of April. The thumbnail of the video immediately reminded me of the cover of the 1999 AFI album Black Sails in the Sunset, which I have talked about before as one of my favourite album covers. The style of the video is awesome, doubly awesome that it is all done with paper cut-out puppets. Amazing - a beautiful video. Looking up the AFI picture, I found a painting from 1960 with the same title and subject matter from the painter Terry.
Pretty simple to say, silhouette of a pirate ship on the horizon during the "Golden-Hour" always works.

AFI 1999 Album
"Black Sails in the Sunset"
Art by Alan Forbes

"Black Sails in the Sunset"
Terry - Oil on canvass. 1960