Monday

Sports Ad Campaigns: My 4th post


I've posted about the recent Adidas Ad campaign 3 times now, only focusing on Adidas, I guess because the "meat" of their business is Soccer - and I, am a fan of soccer. I've started to notice the Nike ads for 2011, the Free Yourself campaign - their are pretty cool. Looking at a new commercial of theirs it focuses on Running.



I am not a Runner. I find it hard to Just Run. I still do not see the stark difference between Running and Jogging. Anyway - I know it's just me, I dont have the patience for running and/or marathons, I just end up sprinting then slowing down - over and over again. I love Sprinting though and I would race against anybody and have a good chance on winning. Its faster, a much more immediate goal/payoff to me.

Puma seems to not be as noticeable as it use to be. In sports or on the street, rarely seen. The Puma Suede might be the most comfortable normal shoe on the planet and Ive gone through several pairs, but in sports their rarely seen. If its not a black and white shoe with 3 stripes on it or an Orange Boot on the feet of a Portuguese football player who falls down alot - oh wait, correction - he wears magenta boots now.
It's bit of a surprise, "Oh! A Puma brand jersey!? hmmm?", it seems more soccer teams use Reebok than Puma if its not Adidas, Umbro, or Nike. (I own the last Reebok Liverpool jersey, along with 3 newer Adidas ones)

BUT - FOR YEARS I have always been talking about and giving credit to the red and white shoe boxes Pumas have been sold in. The graphic design on unassuming shoe box its awesome - its like 10% the needed facts on the shoe, then 90% jokes. The amount of jokes on the box will take you like 2-3 minuets to read - which is a long time for advertising graphics, but I would call it frills of the purchase. To those who take the time to stop and look/purchase - they are rewarded - Awesome.

Here's a like to a German Blog that has all the ad campaigns videos for 2011